Oh, look at those eyes…
Here have some of my food.
Do NOT Succumb to puppy dog eyes at the table.
Especially for these 5 foods.
- Chocolate: You’ve likely heard that you’re never supposed to feed a dog chocolate, and there’s a reason for that. That delicious candy contains caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines. If ingested in large amounts, chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, seizures and even death.
- Grapes and raisins: While this fruit is nutritious for you, it’s toxic to dogs and can cause kidney failure.
- Onions: They may make you cry, but they can make your dog very sick by causing damage to his red blood cells.
- Avocado: Avocado leaves, fruit, seeds and bark contain a toxin called persin that can cause upset stomach and breathing difficulties.
- Alcohol: Even drinking a small amount of alcohol can result in significant intoxication for a dog, which can lead to vomiting, seizures and even death.
- Peanut butter:
- Green beans:
- Cottage cheese:
- Other cheese:
Read about these foods and their benefits at the story below.
Source: Mother Nature Network
Image: successo images/Shutterstock