- 10 Reasons Your Dog Makes the Best Valentine’s Date
- Dogs Afterlife Fascinate Millions of Pet Owners and Prompt Theological Discussion
- Labrador Retriever Helps Fire Marshall Determine Fire Causes to Fight Arsonists
- Dog and Suitcase at Train Station Lead to Questions
- Big Backyards: Anxiety Creating For Dogs. . . Say What?
Yes these are names of actual dogs.
But they weren’t birthed by humans…well not directly anyway.
These names and many more were generated by a machine-learning algorithm. The program creates dog names after studying a list of 81,542 dogs registered in New York City.
The experiment, which took just a few hours Saturday, was something I’ve wanted to try since I saw the playful, awesome work of Janelle Shane and her experiments using neural networks to generate paint colors, guinea pig names and Harry Potter fan fiction.
Look at some of these names the program spit out:
Don’t miss this fascinating article below:
Image: AP Photo/Amy E. Conn